Saturday, November 10, 2007

hello

I am starting this blog because I am obsessed with knitting. I have enjoyed seeing other people's knitting on various blogs and so wanted to contribute. I have begun to post projects on Ravelry; that inspired me to blog about my projects so I could record and say more about them. I hope you will find this useful.

I have been knitting since I was about 12. My left-handed aunt (a legendary knitter) taught me to knit, so as a result I, a right-hander, throw the yarn with my left hand. This is not the way most people knit. In my turn, I have taught this method to my daughter, so we both knit strangely- but effectively. For us, this style results in loose knitting, although I have begun to tighten up by consciously tightening my purl stitches. So I no longer always have to go down one or two needle sizes to get gauge.

No comments: